• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Please Help - Rash Around Neck and Upper Chest

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
There is a bunch of red/brownish blotchy spots that have been forming around my upper chest, neck, and shoulders for about the past month. I assumed they were just random skin anomalies, and I just ignored them.

Today, when I was in the bathtub washing my neck, I noticed that areas in my lower neck stung in pain whenever I touched them - I got out of the tub, looked in the mirror, and a bunch of tiny bumps were forming on the red/brownish blotchy areas on my skin.
This has never happened before.

They feel hot and sting whenever I touch them, almost as if I were sunburned (which I'm not, as I havent been in the sun at all for the past couple of days).
They dont itch.

I live with my grandparents, but they won't take me seriously. I am 18, but I don't have a car, and I'm on my Mom's insurance.

I just called a nurse hotline, and I clearly and calmly told them what was happening. They told me to reach a doctor within 24 hours to see what he recommends, and if symptoms get worse to go to the emergency room.

I was just at the emergency room 2 days ago because of a severe cough, chest congestion, and difficulty breathing. I thought I had pneumonia, but an examination of my lungs showed nothing was wrong in my lung region. This was before the rash had started. They prescribed anti-biotics (which I just took my first dose about 15 minutes ago, this was after the rash had started).

I do have a difficulty breathing, and my upper chest and throat do feel a bit puffy.

The small red bumps are smaller and more clumped together than hives, so I don't think this is an allergic reaction.
Any advice or help is appreciated, thanks.

are you taking any new medications beside the antibiotics? You may be allergic to them or the antibiotic if its new. Sounds very typical of an allergic reaction. GO TO THE DOCTOR. Also, use nonscented soap, preferrably Dial or some other Antibacterial soap. Good luck and dont let anyone tell you theres nothing wrong with you until you see a doctor.